Subject: build.sh fails to install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2002 09:59:11
I noticed that, despite a correct build and install, sshd couldn't start.
And because it was an older version !

What I generally do is, after building a fresh kernel :

| [root@moria src] # ./ build.sh -d -D /usr/build
and if everything's OK :
| [root@moria src] # ./ build.sh -o -D /

Despite this, sshd was NOT installed :

| [root@moria src]# ll /usr/sbin/sshd
| -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  266532 Mar 20 18:04 /usr/sbin/sshd*
| [root@moria src]# ll /usr/build/usr/sbin/sshd
| -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  309292 Jul 10 19:16 /usr/build/usr/sbin/sshd*

I had to manually "make DESTDIR=/ dependall install" into
/usr/src/usr.bin/ssh/

I remember I previously had problems with the "make includes" stage of
build.sh not installing headers.

I simply can't understand that, since IIRC, build.sh is more or less a
wrapper for, precisely, "make dependall install"

What happens to this script ?

Thanks for any help ...

Xav

--