Subject: Re: please change my PRs to not confidential
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2002 14:09:01
On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 10:52:37AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I may have misunderstood send-pr. But I still have my send-pr's
> being automatically set "Confidential: yes".
>
> I simply leave it as:
> Confidential: <[ no | yes ] (one line)>

If the default is, indeed, "no," then I'm not sure why it's getting set
to yes.

> Can someone please change my PR #17488 #17489 #17524 and 17526 to be
> "Confidential: no" because I don't want them hidden?

Done.

> Also, why are they defaulting to "Confidential: yes"??

GNATS does this because it's the safe thing to do.  The assumption is
that it's better to accidentally keep something secret than vice versa.
When I set up an older version of GNATS at a former employer, I don't
recall that this was even an option.  It just defaulted that way.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...