Subject: Re: please change my PRs to not confidential
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2002 14:09:01
On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 10:52:37AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I may have misunderstood send-pr. But I still have my send-pr's
> being automatically set "Confidential: yes".
> I simply leave it as:
> Confidential: <[ no | yes ] (one line)>

If the default is, indeed, "no," then I'm not sure why it's getting set
to yes.

> Can someone please change my PR #17488 #17489 #17524 and 17526 to be
> "Confidential: no" because I don't want them hidden?

> Also, why are they defaulting to "Confidential: yes"??

GNATS does this because it's the safe thing to do.  The assumption is
that it's better to accidentally keep something secret than vice versa.
When I set up an older version of GNATS at a former employer, I don't
recall that this was even an option.  It just defaulted that way.

 Allen Briggs               Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...