Subject: Re: VIA sucks again. :)
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2002 17:17:11
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:

> usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0 at usb0
> uhub0: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
> uhub0: port error, giving up port 1
> uhub0: port error, restarting port 2
> uhub0: port error, giving up port 2

If it's any consolation, I get that on all the ports of my ASUS A7V333.
(And this is probably the KT333 northbridge that's 12% slower than the
KT266 models. I think this is the last VIA chipset I ever buy.)

However, there are still problems with our USB code, too. I've got an
"IrSTICK" infra-red adapter in front of me that gives me just "uhub0:
device problem, disabling port 1" when I plug it in. Possibly it's
a somewhat flakey and/or out-of-spec device, but it does work under

Curt Sampson  <>   +81 90 7737 2974