Subject: Re: kdelibs3 build failure
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2002 08:57:03
On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 08:47:19AM +0200, Micha³ Pasternak wrote:
> Tomasz Luchowski [Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 08:44:11AM +0200]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to build kdelibs3 on my new 1.6_BETA4, XFree86 4.x from latest xsrc.
> > Please *do not* tell me this is a disk failure that causes the file to be broken.
> > pkgsrc has been updated on 20020704.
> [...]
> > c++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 9
> > cpp0: output pipe has been closed
> > {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> > {standard input}:6683: Warning: end of file in string: inserted '"'
>
> gcc and binutils incompatible with each other, no pthread library
> or RAM problem.
Hmm. I've installed 1.6_BETA4 snapshot from releng.netbsd.org, so everything
has to be in sync. I have gone to kdelibs/work/kio/kio and ran gmake again,
it failed. Now I tried removing all instances of "-pipe" and "-O2" from the
Makefile, and something is compiling, but I'm not sure I'm building the
new things, not just rebuilding the old ones.

I am not going to blame my RAM, it was just too expensive.

--
/* Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org> */