Subject: 1.5.2 <-> -current upgrade issues
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2002 14:27:20
Hello all,

It appears I did stupid things:
I updated from 1.5.2 to -current, ' -t''d tools, compiled a new
kernel, reboot and now ''ing the rest fails with unresolved
reference to __time13 (or some such) when building gcc.

Various attempts to completely clear out the source-tree, checking a
fresh one out and various combinations of DESTDIR, TOOLDIR etc. all
yield the same result.

Somebody suggested that somehow I managed to hose my system, so
downloaded base.tgz from to bring back the lib's and
headers that ought to work.  Nonetheless, same error.

Any suggestions?
What am I doing wrong here?

"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's  been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a
window and stick your head in a building."