Subject: Re: wscons
To: None <krp@freeshell.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2002 20:04:43
From: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
Subject: wscons
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:21:46 +0000

> Hi again. Sorry to have been so long, but i went through a serie of exams ;)
>
> So, for the scrolling patch, i followed all suggestions.
>
> First for the wscons commands : i defined four wskbd commands
>
>  - KS_Cmd_ScrollFastUp -> Scrolls up of the scroll.fastlines wsconsctl option
>  - KS_Cmd_ScrollFastDown -> Scrolls down of the scroll.fastlines wsconsctl option
>  - KS_Cmd_ScrollSlowUp -> Scrolls up of the scroll.slowlines wsconsctl option
>  - KS_Cmd_ScrollSlowDown -> Scrolls down of the scroll.slowlines wsconsctl option
>
> These commands are to define in your keyboard map, like :
>
> keycode 200 = Cmd_ScrollSlowUp Up
> keycode 201 = Cmd_ScrollFastUp Prior
> keycode 208 = Cmd_ScrollSlowDown Down
> keycode 209 = Cmd_ScrollFastDown Next

It looks very good.

> Keyboard side
>
> 1) scroll.mode. If set to 0, you can scroll with Modifier + Commands (the Linux behavior). If set to 1, you can use the behavior of FreeBSD : You need to press HoldScreen, then use the Commands to scroll up / down.
>
> 2) scroll.modifier. This is a unsigned integer. Each bit of the integer codes for a modifier (see sys/dev/wscons/wskbd.c).

I've chacked your patch and I think you can do without 1) nor 2).

  You can scroll with Cmd Modifier + scroll keys (the Linux behavior).
  AND you can use the behavior of FreeBSD : You need to press HoldScreen,
  then use scroll keys to scroll up / down.

...please feel free to ignore this mail because I remember the war about
key bindings and I know that your idea is more flexible than mine.
But it's just that I'd like to have simple one.

Takemura