Subject: setjmp/longjmp variances (was Re: java native on NetBSD?)
To: Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2002 07:43:13
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Stephan Thesing wrote:

# One issue with the code is that thread scheduling in green_threads is
# done via sigsetjmp/siglongjmp which behave differently on FreeBSD and
# NetBSD (on NetBSD, the FPU control word on i386 is not saved/restored by
# these routines).  This makes some ugly workarounds necessary to make it
# work on NetBSD.

Okay, this one has me REALLY curious (this besides the fact that I'm
pre-coffee ATM):  _Why_ do we not save the FPU control word on
{,sig}{set,long}jmp()?  Given what *jmp are supposed to do, this makes
no sense whatsoever.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Tap The Power.