Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6_BETA3 fails to build libc
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2002 00:35:36
In message <87lm9011k5.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:

>itojun@iijlab.net writes:
>> >i am trying to upgrade libc and dependent things on NetBSD 1.6_BETA1
>> >machine due to security flaw exposed yesterday.  i updated my sources
>> >from cvs and did:
>>
>> 	have you run "make includes"?  /usr/include/netdb.h needs to be in sync
>> 	with libc source.
>
>This is why one should always use make build or build.sh -- it
>prevents accidents. Even experts fail on this sort of thing.

Which juust failed for me:

	nbmake: don't know how to make /usr/src/lib/libbz2/blocksort.c. Stop

I'm doing a full CVS snarf on another machine; I'll see if it behaves
better.  (A simple 'cvs update' fails if your original source tree came
from the tarballs on releng.netbsd.org.  I wrote a tiny script to edit the
myriad instances of CVS/Root back to sanity.)

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)