Subject: USB errors with aue0 device on macppc but not i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2002 14:59:48
I recently added a line to the if_aue.c driver for the el-cheapo 3Com
3c460B USB Ethernet widget, based on the Pegasus II chipset. It works
fine for me on an x86 box. When I plug it in to my macppc box, as soon
as I run "ifconfig aue0 up" I get a steady stream of:

aue0: 1 usb errors on intr: IOERROR
aue0: 2 usb errors on intr: IOERROR
aue0: 1 usb errors on intr: IOERROR

with about one message per second.

It still functions on the macppc box - I did the commit while using it
there - but this stream of messages seems wrong. Any suggestions where
I should start looking for, say, an endian bug (I've only ever used
the aue driver on i386 and alpha systems before)?

        - Nathan