Subject: Re: Curious SYNOPSIS in signal(3)
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2002 18:32:11
    Date:        Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:04:17 +0200 (CEST)
    From:        Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>

  | AFAIK we do have sig_t in <sys/signal.h>

Yes, but it isn't actually used anywhere (there).

I'd suggest that it should be.  More than once when trying
to remember the proper way to define a signal function I've done

	grep signal /usr/include/sys/signal.h

The result is not inspiring (though once the __P stuff goes away it
will be a bit better).   More importantly, neither that, nor the
current man page, reveal the existence of sig_t (you have to actually
go read signal.h in its entirety and pick the one line that matters).

Both should just use the type, since it is defined.

kre