Subject: Re: rc.local and rcorder(8)
To: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2002 22:04:55
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Chuck Yerkes wrote:

# ...
# > /etc.local/rc.d might be a better solution.  Generalize as needed for
# > other files that need to be customized...
#
# Can I vote for /etc/rc.local.d/ or even /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
# rather than ANOTHER top level dir to maintain?  On other BSD's,

/usr/local/etc/rc.d exists (provided you're installing to /usr/local and
not /usr/pkg or /pkg or wherever).  You have control over where your
local goes.  Some people split /usr/local and /usr/pkg to be different
things.  I didn't want another hierarchy, myself, so I made them one
and the same.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: My Computer Runs!