Subject: Re: NetBSD vs PPPOE
To: None <>
From: Ossi Herrala <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2002 15:59:47
On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:13:12AM -0400, Robert Schaefer wrote:
> The folks DSL line is scheduled to be provisioned this week, and it turns
> out to be a PPPOE line, so I'll need to stick a DHCP server on it.  It looks
> like there's a kernel land pppoe in -current.  Any one using this care to
> make a recommendation?  I don't really want to run -current on this box, but
> I will if I have to.  Oh-- probably an old i386.  I do have a shipment of
> sun4 boxen on the way.  I'd rather go with non-i386, but they might not get
> here for a few weeks yet, and I want to get this up Real Soon Now.

and that should explane how to use kernel land PPPoE. You'll need 1.5Z
or newer kernel.

And for PPPoE you need fast machine. My friend have 10/10Mbps DSL
connection with PPPoE and 120MHz Pentium doing routing and it isn't fast
enough (it's linux.. ;).

Mr. Ossi Herrala | ossi.herrala \@! | Amateur radio: OH8HUB
Höylätie 7       | GSM: +358 40 750 7075   | IRC: ohub
90800 Oulu       | |