Subject: Re: Completely strange
To: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2002 16:25:00
--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 02:29:59PM +0100, Mark White wrote:
> I should perhaps have included some details of the NetBSD system.
> It's 3Com 3c905C-TX network adaptor built onto the MB which is
> behaving badly; boot messages for a 1.5ZA/mp kernel are below (but as
> noted, I've tried 1.5ZC of last month, without any improvement).

i had *very* bad experience with 3Com 3c905C-TX with NetBSD 1.5Z[ABC]
connected to nbase switch. symptomes were: randomly lost link after few
tens of minutes, about 30% of ethernet frames were collisions, 25% of
other traffic were bad packets and the connection was practically
unusable.  nothing helped, i had to replace the ex card with intel fpx
card, which works like a charm in the same environment.. the same card
worked fine in w98 machine, but it was connected to the same switch with
a hub between them.  the same card worked fine when it was connected to
cisco catalyst switch. really hard to say what's the problem since other
machines connected to the nbase switch are working fine with various
cards and operating systems.

just my $.02

regards,

--=20