Subject: Re: Ogle strangely not working?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2002 17:03:28
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> >Has anyone got the pkgsrc ogle running nicely?  I used to have ogle running,
> >but I rebuilt from pkgsrc recently, and now it says "encrypted DVD support
> >unavailable", which is odd, because it used to work fine.  It then displays a
> >blue screen, or just aborts.
>
> Hmm.  My first problem was that libdvdcss was way out of date.  But... still,
> no audio, and always a blue screen.  This is on a laptop which played movies
> just fine a few months back.  *sigh*.  Savage IX, not the world's best
> chipset, but I *know* it can play video.

I'm running ogle on 1.6(beta, of course) with a Savage IX. You
absolutely need XFree 4.2, and I highly recommend picking up a newer
Savage driver from http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html -- you can
just drop the .o in thanks to the dynamic loader in XFree 4.

Use the very latest ogle (0.8.3), and recompile your kernel to set HZ
to 1024, for best results.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com