Subject: Re: Multiple problems in current/i386
To: David Laight <>
From: Sean Davis <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2002 12:49:58
I think env - used to be documented, I know it is on Linux. Now that I
check, however, I don't see it in the man page on an older (before all these
changes) current machine. In any case, - did the same thing as -i so it
wasn't difficult to fix any scripts that had problems after the change.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 10:09:36AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> > Also, why was env changed so that it is now incompatible with the - argument?
> Culpa mea - since I wrote the offending 'fix' to getopt().
> Unfortunately I don't have write access to the netbsd cvs in
> order to put in a fix that doesn't break programs that
> rely on a non-conformant getopt(3).
> 'env - ...' isn't even documented!
> A version that does work (honest) is avaiable from
> then netbsd/getopt.c
> (rebuild and reinstall libc, both su and env are dynamically linked)
> 	David
> --
> David Laight:

/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive
 X  Against HTML
/ \ Email!