Subject: Re: Frozen system with NetBSD 1.6_BETA1
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/2002 14:03:22

> has anybody else observed a frozen system with NetBSD 1.6_BETA1(*)?
> For the second time now my system got unresponsive during heavy
> filesystem activity. It still responded to ICMP echo packets and I
> could switch the virtual console but it was complete stuck otherwise.

actually yes, but not me. I did a 1.6A install for a buddy of mine
because he wants to play with netbsd. the first night it locked up
during a large build (i think apache and all of its deps). same
thing, console went dead. now, here is strange thing, he does not
seem to have virtual consoles.

when i catch up with him i will ask him for a dmesg.

i have 1.6A on a laptop and i have not seen anything similar.

	jrf