Subject: Re: LFS -> 1.6 kernel failure.
To: None <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2002 17:07:37

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:57:48PM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> 	Hi, I have a 1.5ZC userland, freshly compiled 1.6A kernel from
> yesterdays sources. Rebooted into the new kernel, and started ./
> -D /u/dest -R /u/release. an hour or two into the build the machine
> started scrolling LFS errors and paniced with:
> panic: getblk: block size invariant failed
> Stopped in pid 105 (lfs_cleanerd) at     cpu_Debugger+0x4:        leave

I've run into trouble using an lfs_cleanerd (userland) unmatched
with the version of LFS in the kernel in the past, which is waht
you're almost definitely seeing here. (This happens for reasons
similar to those that explain why top, ps, etcetera won't necessarily
work after a kernel-only upgrade.)

As a temporary workaround to finish your build and provided you've
got enough disk space to do it, just don't run lfs_cleanerd until
after you install the new userland.

gabriel rosenkoetter

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (NetBSD)