Subject: Re: pth & pth-syscall problems
To: M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de, Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbsd.ro>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2002 12:40:17
On Thursday 06 June 2002 6:41 pm, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> I find both the message displayed on build:
>
> Warning: The hard system call mapping variant is still work in progress.
>          Do neither expect it to compile on all platforms (because of
>          conflicts with vendor prototypes) nor to actually work!
>
> and the fact that the generated lib doesn't pass its own selftest:
>
> [...]
> Initializing Pth system (spawns scheduler and main thread)
> *** ERROR, TEST FAILED:
> *** errno=1
> [...]
>
> somewhat scaring.

I went through (some time ago now) the syscalls that a --enable-syscall-hard
pth overrides to make it work with NetBSD so I believe the message is
incorrect.

The test fails because it assumes that it isn't prempted. With
--enable-syscall-hard this is no longer true.

> I'd feel better if the plain pth and pth-syscall could
> coexist on one system.

I really don't see the point.

Nick