Subject: Re: quick build.sh question
To: BOUWSMA Beery <netbsd-user@netscum.dyndns.dk>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2002 11:38:40
[much trimmage]

>Um.  Hmmm.  I keep a copy of the CVS repository locally (maintained
>via `cvsup'), and from this I `cvs update'd my local source.
>bash-2.05a$ head !:2
>head /etc/rc.shutdown
>#!/bin/sh
>#
># $NetBSD: rc.shutdown,v 1.7 2001/11/19 03:19:28 lukem Exp $
>
>Hang on, the version in the new file is the same as that in the
>older file?  Aiee...
>
>Looking through the CVS repository suggests to me that the new
>file should be 1.8 and not 1.7...  Aieee.

do you have tag=NetBSD in your cvsroot/CVSROOT/config file? if not,
then i do believe you'll get the wrong $NetBSD$ id strings a log.
also check to see how the respository was checked out onto your local
machine.  anything checked out with -kk (will appear in the
CVS/Entries file) might be wrong.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|