Subject: Problems with recent X build
To: NetBSD-current users <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2002 22:57:05

Hi all

I updated my xsrc some days ago to rebuild X 4.2 from scratch as I was
having several problems with my old build. So I went, took my old
host.def file and added some stuff (print server, some fonts and two
other video drivers, nothing else).

I built the tree with DESTDIR=3D/var/build/root, and then copied the
results to /usr/X11R6, as usual.

But now, X does not work (I took a copy of the old one). The configuration
file is the same. But now, when starting X with startx, the screen gets
corrupted: the cursor blinks *very fast* and beeps continuously. The
solution is to clear the screen with ctrl+l (so beeps stop), but I need
to reboot to get the console fine again.

What is wrong? A problem with my configuration or in the xsrc tree?

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -
Julio Merino <>

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (NetBSD)