Subject: build.sh worked.
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2002 08:36:54
I don't know what changed; previously, I used my "tool" script to ensure
that PATH, TOOLDIR, MACHINE, and SHELL were all set correctly (if SHELL
was other than /bin/sh, some things used to blow up, but I forget what
they were, ATM.  Better safe than sorry...).

It turns out I had to call:

	tool -m sparc ./build.sh -um sparc -O /export/obj/sparc \
	-d -D /export/build/sparc -R /export/release/sparc

in order to make it all work correctly; if I didn't use 'tool' or correctly
set TOOLDIR and PATH (which seem abhorrent to me to have to set for a shell
that I normally use (what if I decide to build for another arch...)), things
would blow up, either at binstall (undefined: flagstostring() or something)
or at host-mkdep.

The thing is that even with tool, my builds were blowing up.  So something
has been set aright.  I now have everything as it should be, with the odd
exception that the floppy images, the netboot/rootfs.tgz image and the
tape images are all zero-length files.  Not sure what's up with that.

Next question:  Is there a distrib(ution) target for the XFree86 build to
create tar files from that?

Thanks to everyone for all their help.  I'm going to just attribute the
weirdness to some remnants and lack of preparation on my part at this point,
since nobody else is experiencing these problems.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Stable and strong!