Subject: Re: DRI on NetBSD
To: <>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2002 02:16:03
Richard Rauch wrote:

> Back in May, I said that I wasn't aware of anyone ``presently working on
> DRI under NetBSD''.  Breno Colon resonded to my comment in
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/05/11/0012.html (although
> he ddn't say if he was among those presently working on it, or if he just
> knew the people involved).
>
> Still, as long as *someone* is working on it, I was happy to take it off
> of my personal to-do list.  I probably wouldn't have ever got far with it,
> anyway, and barely have time to learn what DRI requires, much less to
> start thinking about how to do it.

I wrote to Eric Anholt, who seems to be the man behind the port of DRI to
FreeBSD.  He already had NetBSD on his TODO, but he replied to a message
I sent him telling me that he already started the work.  I offered to help,
but, at least for now, I don't feel like the right person to help him with
hooking things to our kernel, since I have never done any kernel hacking.
Not that I cannot learn it, but if anyone with more know-how will also help,
we could have a faster start.

Regards,

--
        Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.