Subject: Re: -current vs a Dell Latitude c840
To: None <>
From: Paul Dokas <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2002 10:00:41
Following up my own email...

I managed to get the laptop booting from the hard drive by using a kernel
based on INSTALL.  This was the *only* way that I could get it booting.
Even with a stripped to the minimum GENERIC kernel, it still hangs after
probing all of the hardware (or at least near the end of the probing).

I have a suspicion that there's an issue with one of the kernel threads.
Possibly related to PCMCIA or AGP.  I dunno.  I'll keep playing and try
to figure out exact what it is in GENERIC that's causing the problems.

Paul Dokas
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."