Subject: sparc64 + lkm = false
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2002 16:02:15
I'm trying to build arla (afs implemetation, building as an lkm) for
NetBSD-1.6_BETA1/sparc64 so it can be supported in next release of
arla. I've found some problems.

When building a lkm <sys/param.h> includes non installed <machine/cpu.h>
and <sparc64/sparc64/intreg.h>

installing <machine/cpu.h> and <sparc64/intreg.h> and cutting away the
extra sparc64 in <sparc64/sparc64/intreg.h>. This change would mean that
the headerfiler needs to move from arch/sparc64/sparc64 to
arch/sparc64/include.

Now, is this an correct way to do it (ie can you change your tree), or
it there a better way ? If I have to build the machine and sparc64
links, so be it, but I rather see that its possible to build the lkm
w/o the kernel source (just the installed headers).

With this I can build and install arla for NetBSD/sparc64

Love