Subject: Escalade 7850 IDE RAID Controller
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2002 18:42:32
Has anyone tried out the 3ware Escalade 7850 (or similar) IDE RAID
controller with NetBSD? I am told that the twe driver should work
with it, but I'd like some confirmation before actually buying one.

Also, anybody know anything about how well these things perform?
Especially on lots and lots of random I/O? (I've got some database
stuff I'm working where a single query generates thousands of random
8K or 16K I/Os, and I'm wondering where to find hardware that can
handle this.)

cjs