Subject: Re: Ipmon messes my terminals
To: NetBSD-current <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/2002 20:19:06
In message <ad0gmc$ii3$>,
Matthias Scheler wrote:

>What does your "/etc/syslog.conf" look like?

Really standard :

*.*                                                /var/log/full-log

*.err;kern.*;auth.notice;authpriv.none;mail.crit   /dev/console
*.info;auth,authpriv,cron,ftp,kern,lpr,mail.none   /var/log/messages
kern.debug                                         /var/log/messages

auth,                                 /var/log/authlog                                          /var/cron/log                                           /var/log/xferlog                                          /var/log/maillog
local0.debug                                       /var/log/ipfilter
local1.debug                                       /var/log/adsl-gw

*.emerg                                            *
*.notice                                           root

Curiously, I tried to pass the filename to ipmon instead syslogging :
> ipmon=YES    ipmon_flags="-D /var/log/ipfilter"

Yes, rou read "-D" : using a filename, the builtin `command_args="-D"`
in the rc script is skipped. Really weird.

That way, it works, but not in syslog's format.

One more note : I ran postinstall, then etcupdate against my /etc, and
everything is up-to-date wrt latest CVS. Actually my whole system is
three days old...