Subject: problems with XFree86 4.2.0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ossi Herrala <zx4@kapsi.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/2002 14:53:01
I have strange keyboard and mouse hanging in XFree86 4.2.0 with
NetBSD-current. In NetBSD-1.5.3_RC2 kernel (userland is -current..)
everything works fine (except the problems because of newer userland..
;) both kernels are GENERIC and I'm running i386.

I haven't tested -current with XFree86 3.3.6.

The keyb and mouse hangs when I start X. Sometimes after reboot I can
start X once or twise and everything works fine, or mice works but keyb
doesn't.

I don't know how to track this bug, so any help is welcome. Only
thing I get is two errors from kernel:

/netbsd: pckbc: command timeout
/netbsd: pmc_disable: command error

So, how to continue? Is the problem in X or in kernel?

--
Mr. Ossi Herrala | ossi.herrala \@! iki.fi | Amateur radio: OH8HUB
Höylätie 7       | GSM: +358 40 750 7075   | IRC: ohub