Subject: Re: Cross-building (was Re: Crosscompilation Alpha -> i386/ELF w curr -> errors..)
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/2002 05:38:00
On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 21:20:28 -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On 25 May 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> : So far as I know, building just about everything from i386 (except
> : Alpha)
> or playstation2.  Also, the sh3 compiler is ... not well tested yet (and
> doesn't yet support shlibs).

Well, I crossbuilt a working hpcsh world from i386 and crossbuilt
working hpcsh kernels from sparc.

Not that I gave my Jornada a thorough workout, but sshing to the world
over ppp link (mhzc(4) modem) worked fine.

PS: Static world is ... fat.  Barely fits 128MB CF after quite some
trimming down.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen