Subject: Re: Mouse "right-shifts" occasionally when using X
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
From: None <ww@styx.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2002 19:35:02
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:44:27PM -0700, Johnny Lam wrote:

> Occasionally, in some way that I've not yet tracked down, the mouse cursor
> on the screen will be displayed about 30 pixels to the right of the absolute
> cursor position.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?

I have the identical laptop and experience this occasionally
with no apparent immediate cause. The behaviour is the same
under Linux as well. The symptoms persist when the X server is
restarted (i.e. C-M-Bkspc) but normal operation is restored
upon a reboot.

I suspect buggy hardware but haven't looked into it any closer
since it happens relatively rarely.

Are you using the wsmouse driver or speaking directly to the ps/2
device?

-w