Subject: Re: Direct disk editing & regenerating partition info.
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2002 11:02:17
Hi, David!

That's not what I asked, but thanks for playing!  :)

I meant that sun sprinkles a few backup disklabels in weird spots on the
disk such that if the master disklabel gets clobbered by something else
(REDHAT/SPARC comes to mind :/ ), Solaris can recover the old label.

Heh.  I didn't realise those were created automagically; I used to do
that exact thing by hand.