Subject: Re: Direct disk editing & regenerating partition info.
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2002 08:53:07
I know that Sun's format program (which does disklabeling, among other
things) stores multiple copies of a disklabel on the disk.

Do we do such a thing with our disklabel program, or could we find some
place to store backup disklabels, for just such an emergency...?

[actually, reflecting, I realise this is not precisely a fix for Mr.
Latte, but I've had occasions where I was sure glad that I had backup
disklabels sitting around!]