Subject: PROPOSAL: adding capability for blowfish passwords
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2002 05:50:03
Hi, I have been looking into different password schemes recently, and was
wondering:
Is there any interest in adding the functionality for blowfish crypt() to
NetBSD? I am thinking about porting the relevant code, but see no reason to
do so unless others might want it as well.

If there is enough interest to make it worth my while, I will port the code
from OpenBSD, and add code so that it could be enabled/disabled in
passwd.conf, as well as by the standard syntax for crypt (being that
blowfish would use '2' instead of '1' in the salt argument to crypt())

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive