Subject: Re: Expanding NetBSD keyword in CVS files
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2002 09:25:17
>I have a copy of the NetBSD repository, and would like to be able to
>check out files from it, and get the same things I do if I fetch them
>What I get now comes close, but all the /* $NetBSD: ... $ */
>lines differ - my cvs isn't treating NetBSD as a keyword and
>expanding it (so I get the ident line one version back into history,
>the version that was there just before the file was checked in).
>Obviously I could just hack my cvs sources, but surely there's a
>better way?   All the normal NetBSD CVS repositories must be running
>something different than what NetBSD ships as cvs, mustn't they?
>Either that or there's some undoc'd config option.  Why?
>I know this has been mentioned on the lists before, I did a search on
>the NetBSD site, but using "NetBSD" and "cvs" (and such) as search keywords
>isn't terribly productive (large numbers of hits, none of which is

% cvs log -r1.2 gnu/dist/cvs/src/parseinfo.c
revision 1.2
date: 2000/10/21 12:40:23;  author: wiz;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -0
Don't compile LOCALID into the client, make it a repository specific
variable. The LOCALID is now set in the repository's CVSROOT/config file,
with a line
(in our case 'tag=NetBSD').
Taken from OpenBSD.