Subject: Re: LFS
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2002 02:33:04
On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 09:21:17PM -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:
> On 19 May 2002, Miles Nordin wrote:

> Try compiling a newer lfs_cleanerd (at least 2002-04-26) and I think this
> problem should go away.

What about losing data type problems?

I was _impressed_ with lfs the first time I tried it, but it's been
too unstable.  I have a couple of applications on slow Sun SS5's
that lfs is perfect for.

> Make sure that you note in your weblog that LFS is still experimental. :^)

Does LFS have a likely "ready" date yet?

More specifically, are the problems in LFS a matter of users just hunting
down remaining problems, or is there still significant design/research
work left?

Of course, my friends keep suggesting the old Sun's need to be put out
to pasture, but I prefer software solutions to speed problems.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com