Subject: RE: Problems getting a core dump.
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr, randy@terbush.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2002 16:43:08
X1s do not have nvram the same way most other machines do.  They have
a rtc with a rather interesting programming interface.  Suffice it to
say that I have been unable to get any reasonable values in and out
of the rtc on that machine.

Anyway, even if you did manage to fix the time issues, the pciide
driver seems to have problems with savecore.  It gets into a state
where the driver constantly times out and becomes practically
unusable even after savecore is terminated.  (One of these days
I need to get someone to decypher the output of the pciide driver
to determine the root cause.)

Eduardo