Subject: Re: NVidia question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2002 14:22:27
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 11:18:36AM -0500, Paul Dokas wrote:

> I know that there's no hope of XFree86 supporting the 3D engine in it,
> but does anyone know if the NVidia GeForce4 440 works with XFree86 4.2
> in 2D mode?  I have the chance to get a new laptop (Dell Latitude c840)
> that will *only* come with this video card.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any hope of this for any 3D video in
XFree86. It's stupid that such a great thing as OpenGL is out of reach
of good hardware simply because it doesn't use a bullshit-compliant
operating system.

I run Linux on my workstation because it's the only non-Microsoft OS I
can find that supports my nVidia card well.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com