Subject: Re: seg fault on install
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2002 14:33:33

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 07:46:28PM +1000, Murray Armfield wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> 	Just tried rebuilding my notebook. Pax seg faulted handling misc.tgz.
> 	Using -current release as of 7 May.
> 	Continuing install manually, just letting someone know if they didn't=20
> already. Oh, BTW, the kernel names built by release versus sysinst are ou=
t of=20
> sync.

Installation kernels usually segfault for me... specially when they do
intensive disk work. I installed just a few series and then, after rebooting
into the fresh system, unpacked other series by hand. Worked fine.

Although, can anybody explain why those kernels usually fail? I have two
problems with them:
- Programs segfault.
- When I issue a reboot, the machine gets stalled (i386).

> Take care,
> 	Murray Armfield

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -