Subject: Re: ISA/PCMCIA adapter does not detect cards
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2002 07:24:12
In article <20020501010530.A376@pyy.jmp.fi>,
	Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:
> Now, the Soltek mb is working OK (even the embedded audio (auvia)) - except
> that if I plug in a PS/2 mouse, the poor thing won't boot.

Go into the BIOS, search for the PS/2 mouse setting and switch from "Auto"
to "Enabled". If your BIOS has a menu to reserve IRQs for ISA go there
and reserver IRQ 12.

> ... but if I plug the mouse in at a later time, the keyboard
> freezes up (the system still keeps running).

PS/2 connectors are *not* hot-plugable. Doing things like this you might
burn your motherboard.

The easiest way to fix this problem is to use an USB mouse. This
saves you an interrupt, too.

[BTW: I think this thread belongs to "port-i386".]

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/