Subject: Re: ISA/PCMCIA adapter does not detect cards
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2002 01:05:30
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 08:09:41PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff irq
>
> This is all OK, I see the same on my machine (only with slightly different
> IRQs and mask). It works just fine. Since the IRQs are detected, they are
> known to work here.
>
> > What's the problem?
>
> Check if  0xd0000-0xdffff realy is free on your board. Try to change the
> iomem in your config to another address.

Thanks!  I moved it to 0xe0000 and it worked.  It complains about spurious
interrupts (irq 9), but it works.  Thanks to Todd C. Miller for the same
suggestion.

Now, the Soltek mb is working OK (even the embedded audio (auvia)) - except
that if I plug in a PS/2 mouse, the poor thing won't boot.  It freezes
after the first bios screen, right after detecting the keyboard and before
printing the SCSI bios messages.  If I disconnect the mouse before attempting
to boot, it works - but if I plug the mouse in at a later time, the keyboard
freezes up (the system still keeps running).

I'm getting fed up with this peecee crap... wish my SS1+ was 1000 times
faster than it is :-{

  -jm