Subject: Re: HEADS UP: ssh configuration files renamed
To: None <>
From: Bruno Saverio Delbono <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2002 08:48:36

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from
> >While we are on the topic of ssh, why do we print out the version
> >string of the OS as banner when we connect? i.e.

> 	attackers will try to exploit anyways, and there are a lot of
> 	other ways you can probe OS type...

I agree. However, that was just one point I wanted to bring out. If we
are confirming to the OpenSSH filename standards...why not have the
sshd banner the same. Alternatively is there a reason why we have the
banner in the first place?

California is a fine place to live -- if you happen to be an orange.
		-- Fred Allen

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (OpenBSD)
Comment: For info see