Subject: Re: ethernet changed from deN to tlpN
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2002 22:26:31
[ On Monday, April 29, 2002 at 12:53:46 (-0400), gabriel rosenkoetter wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ethernet changed from deN to tlpN
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 01:48:59PM +0300, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> > I might not be the only -current user using the GENERIC kernel who locks
> > himself out after reboot... Therefore a proper "HEADS UP: no more de0 in
> > GENERIC" message to the current-users@ and web page would be nice.
> Why are you rebooting a remote machine with the GENERIC kernel?

A better question might be:  why are you running a production machine
with a GENERIC kernel?  What do you think this is, Linux?  :-)

> (Further, why are you upgrading a machine remotely?)

I don't see a problem with that.  So long as I've got remote console
access I've rarely had any problem I can't get out of.  Of course I try
to avoid using PC hardware....  :-)

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;  <>;  <>;  <>