Subject: Re: namelist from compressed kernels
To: Vic Abell <abe@vic.cc.purdue.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2002 19:56:52
On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:37:29PM -0500, Vic Abell wrote:
> I noticed you both posted to muc.lists.netbsd.current-users in
> a thread that mentioned compressed NetBSD kernels and lsof.  I
> tried to respond, but Google doesn't know who the moderator of
> that list is, so it rejected my response.

The list is not moderated. I suspect muc.lists.netbsd.current-users is some
local refletor, or something like this. The "root" list is
current-users@netbsd.org

> The problem is not in the KVM library, but in the fact that
> the nlist(2) function doesn't understand how to search
> compressed kernels.

Does lsof uses nlist directly ?
I think it shouldn't. It should use kvm_nlist() on *BSD.
This way, the issue can be solved once for all KVM grovelers.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>