Subject: Re: 1.5.3_RC2 kernel problem
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Dave Berger <netbsd-current@dberg.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/2002 21:31:24
On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:47:36PM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> I built a GENERIC kernel, installed it, and rebooted. The box goes through
> the usual BIOS messages, loads the kernel, and immediately reboots. Over and
> over again. I tried to "boot -d", but that didn't change the behavior.
> XFree86 aperture driver version 2.0
> Pentium Pro MTRR support enabled

  Could it be a mismatch between kernel version and version of
LKM userland-utils?  Something like this happened to me when I
upgraded to RC1 (although given that you're already at RC1, it
might be unrelated): the mismatch resulted in panic/ddb occur-
ring during every boot attempt.

  I disabled the modules, did the userland upgrade, reenabled
the modules and the problem went away.

Cheers,  --Dave