Subject: Re: more tlp problems
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2002 10:15:31
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, David Laight wrote:

> The reason for the dribbbling bit could be anything, but is
> most likely a dodgy cable/connector somewhere.
>
> - what sort of network cabling an/or hubs do you have

The firewall's internal interface (tlp1) is connected to a HomePNA switch
with a direct cable (which is new).

> - does the error message disappear if you disconnect the other
>   systems on the network (if this is possible)

I can't do that, the network is in Finland while I'm in Sweden...

> - are you seeing performance problems?

I asked this from a user and he hasn't noticed anything in the performance.
But it's really hard to say if this is true or not because the traffic hasn't
been that intensite yet on the network so minor packet loss could be
undetectable.

The "solution" I'm using right now is to add few lines to logcheck's
logcheck.ignore file :-)

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>      NetBSD - No media hype