Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5ZC and IPF
To: Jaromir Dolecek <>
From: Bruno Saverio Delbono <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2002 12:33:45

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Jaromir Dolecek:

> There are no more licencing issues with H.323 code. The NetBSD
> -current tree was updated to include the proxy code. However, Darren
> said the H.323 code in IPFilter 3.4.25 is buggy and should not be
> used. For this reason, it has been disabled.  If you need to enable
> it and don't mind the bugs, just edit netinet/ip_proxy.c (search for
> #include "netinet/ip_h323_pxy.c").

Ah...I see. Thanks.=20

> >  - There are problems compiling IPF 3.4.25 (from Darren) as it
> >  bitches about opt_ipfilter_log.h and a few other opt_* files
> >  which need to included. Yet, I did not find any of these files on
> >  my current snapshot/cvsweb/source tree. Any ideas?

> These should be created in the compile/YOURKERNEL/ directory when
> you config the kernel.

Hmm..Ok, I guess then the INSTALL.NetBSD in the IPFilter needs to be
updated to say something like:

" You should config(8) your kernel before going and doing a
make netbsd in the IPFilter source or else it bitches/complains about
problems of finding certain opt_* files and the compile bombs out."

Darren - For 3.4.26 release, do you consider this code to be still

George Orwell 1984.  Northwestern 0.
		-- Chicago Reader 10/15/82

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (OpenBSD)
Comment: For info see