Subject: NetBSD-1.5ZC/sparc vs. Xsun[Mono] and gdb
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2002 04:53:53
Well if my Xserver problem is in any way related to a kernel bug then
the current kernel only makes it worse, not better.  I didn't even get
all the way logged in (starting xterms xclocks, xloads, etc.) before it
dumped core.  That did happen with a 1.5W kernel once before, but:

Worse it seems the core format has changed between 1.5W and 1.5ZC.  The
version of GDB I've been happily using can no longer grok the core:

GNU gdb 5.1.1
This GDB was configured as "sparc-unknown-netbsdelf1.5W"...

warning: "/home/most/woods/Xsun.cores/XsunMono-ssp-1.5ZC-1-borked.core": no core file handler recognizes format, using default

warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.

warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.

#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

So I'm back to using 1.5W, sparingly, and waiting for my next crash....

--
								Greg A. Woods