Subject: Re: Mixing NetBSD and Linux shared libs
To: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/2002 09:48:18
Thomas Runge [Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 09:26:21AM +0200]:

> > Calling libc functions, or any other function outside of the scope of
> > the fixed JNI API (which is usually the point of JNI in the first place
> > :) typically will not work without actually using Linux includes and
> > libraries (and typically, compiler, since the crtbegin/crtend files are
> > different).
>
> Do I get it right? If we use our native compiler/linker
> with -nostdinc and -nostdlib but providing Linux's
> includes, libs and startup files, we can get a binary
> that works on a real Linux box?

I doubt so. You can install linux-gcc from .rpm or whatever, and it should
work. You can compile gcc to use target i386-linux or such for compilation,
and it should work also. But I really doubt, that NetBSD's gcc could produce
Linux binaries.
--
/* Micha³ Pasternak, http://pasternak.w.lub.pl, +48606570000 */