Subject: Re: Anyone compiling X on NetBSD-current ?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2002 16:40:04
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: With that, I could see if an apparent compiler bug can be reproduced
: with the cross-compiler, or maybe even run "configure" on the Mac, but
: do the actual build on the PC (for m68k).

You do realize that you can't build more than just some partial subtrees of
xsrc via cross, right?  (This is because some programs are built *and* run
in-tree using "the compiler"--here, the target compiler.)

With that said, you can make the $TOOLDIR based compiler actually work for
cross compiling "other stuff".  I don't recommend it, as leaving it
configured this way can further confuse real cross-compiles of "src", but:

Symlink each of ${TOOLDIR}/${MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM}/{include,lib} to
${DESTDIR}/usr/{include,lib}.  For mac68k, ${MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM} is
"m68k--netbsdelf".  You can then run m68k--netbsdelf-gcc to compile things.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/