Subject: FATAL: kernel too old
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2002 13:04:10
I get this message when I try to build any Linux program from pkgsrc.
Here is a sample of the actual output.

/usr/pkg/emul/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /usr/pkg/emul/linux
FATAL: kernel too old
*** Signal 6

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/emulators/suse_base
*** Error code 1

I couldn't find any reference to this on the mailing lists.  I am not even
sure which kernel they mean.  Is it the NetBSD or some sort of kernel
emulation interface?  I have tried removing everything and reinstalling but I
still get the same problem.  Does anyone know what is happening here.
I am running a pretty current 1.5ZC kernel.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/