Subject: Re: Anyone compiling X on NetBSD-current ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2002 09:31:29
Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
> This probably means that building from that X source under 1.5.x is
> broken; that might be considered a bug, but I'm going to let someone
> else worry about it...

X sources build fine under 1.5.x. 1.5Y is IIRC exactly the version where the
USB change occured. Our X11 sources use the new filenames starting with that
kernel version. If he has a NetBSD-current 1.5Y build which was created before
then change it will fail.

In general we cannot guarantee that the latest X11 sources build on old
NetBSD-current versions. Keeping it working for the last release(s) and
the uptodate NetBSD-current is a lot of work already.

If somebody wants to build XFree86 for an out old NetBSD-current she or
he should use XFree86 sources from that date, too.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/